Saturday, February 25, 2012

Almost There

Last night I relaxed. Seriously. The tightly bunched fresias I'd picked up hurriedly during the week had opened, their blossoms far more numerous than I had anticipated, and with their opening that sweet, peppery scent that is one of my favourites. I cocooned beside them under my wooly blanket... what bliss.

This morning I lolled some more, in anticipation of my week off work. But... I still have some work to do today and tomorrow and then... off. I can't wait. I'm not going away, instead there will be lots of play, including planning for the Big Cake Project and making cupcakes for a sweet lady's baby shower.




And... there will be books that I have had no time to read of late. Lots of books.

4 comments:

The Clever Pup said...

I adore freesias.

Betsy Brock said...

I love fresia, too!

Enjoy a calm few days.

Can't WAIT to hear more about the annual cake project!

Capt'n Luke said...

What books have/will you be reading?

G said...

Fresias are kind of like catnip to me. :)

Luke: I didn't get into them much... just my new book on stress.