Friday, April 20, 2012

Like Books?


Like books? Then you've got to check out the Thomas Fisher Rare Book Library at the University of Toronto. The space is remarkable, with stacks soaring high above you, you might be in a modern wing of Harry Potter's Hogwarts. This picture was borrowed shamelessly by me from Jetsetta's feature on amazing libraries from around the world.

I was fortunate to attend a talk there last year, with a collection of books that we were able to handle. Awesome stuff as I held first or early editions by Robert Browning, Dante Gabriel Rossetti, William Morris, Edmund Dulac, Lord Tennyson, and Virginia Woolf.

This is truly one of Toronto's treasures.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Books are obsolete, along with Libraries (They should keep this one as a museum), newspapers, most retail establishments and the horse buggy.

Gloria Baker said...

I love books and Libraries, love how smell the books LOL!
If you think Im crazy I understand, when I have 7 years in a Birthday I read Don Quijote almost all :)

G said...

Gloria, I have yet to read Don Quichotte, so I'm very impressed!

Anonymous: I saw you left a comment but it disappeared before I could post it! :(

G said...

Anonymous: Hooray, your comment finally showed up! But I cannot agree with you. :)