Monday, June 25, 2012

June Trip: The Adirondack

The Adirondack is the train from Penn Station in NYC to downtown Montreal. Ever since reading about it on this excellent blog, I knew I had to try it. And I knew it would take 11 hours, so figured it was probably a once-in-a-lifetime, in that I wouldn't want to do it again. I was wrong. It felt more like five hours, and I'll certainly do it again.

And once again, my company was excellent. You meet the best people travelling alone by train. This time it was a phD student on his way to celebrate the end of the school year by blowing off some steam at the Montreal Grand Prix.

After the frenzied wonderfulness of New York City, I had 11 hours of water (Hudson River, Lake Champlain), trees, clouds, wetlands and orchards... heaven.




















No comments: