Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Best Sensations

“To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.”

Freya Stark

It was a hectic spring, working, spring spring cleaning, decluttering, getting the yearly appointments out of the way (eyes, doctor, taxes, etc.) and so, as I stretch out my toes to find a cool spot in a comfy hotel room, it's with a delicious sense of freedom.

Freedom. Nothing like it.

As for being alone, not quite. I'll be catching up with an old friend, meeting up with an old friend, and doubtless making some new ones.

4 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

well, that sounds absolutely wonderful! :)

G said...

It is! And thank you,Betsy!

Zuzana said...

Enjoy your trip, you seem to be having fun already.;))
xoxo

G said...

It's been a great time so far and it feels like I've been away for weeks! I've figured out how to deal with comments on my iPhone, but not posting pictures. Soon...