Sunday, June 3, 2012

Oysters and Bowling

The kind of evening I love... mixing it up.

We started off at this blog's favourite step-down living room for Prosecco and the freshest oysters.

















Our host is a great shucker. We were feting one special friend who marries in two weeks time. She regaled us with the story of how she found her wedding dress at Kleinburg's in New York. It seems we've ALL watched Say Yes to the Dress. And... she did. What a beautiful bride she'll be.

















Then it was on to bowling, beer, fries, pizza and wings.

















As bowling shoes go, these weren't too scary.

















This was my expression when I realized how awful I was. I've only bowled twice before. But then...


















I scored my first strike! A good feeling. My technique is laughable. One of my legs pops up backwards in a very strange way apparently. Oh well. It works! STRIKE! :)

6 comments:

will said...

Be nice to that Made in the U.S.A. ball ... it has many friends wearing garish shirts.

G said...

Well, it was nice to me, at least once. :)

Anonymous said...

Helloooooo

Hope the ol' US of A is treating you well. Bowling is quite fun...looks like you were black lighting it! Call me when you get a chance.

Zuzana said...

It has been ages since I have been bowling, don't you just hate those shoes.;))
The oysters look great.;))
xoxo

Dawn Marie said...

It was so much fun!! Thank you!!

G said...

Zuzana, I love that I don't have to shuck them!

Dawn Marie, I was in the best.company! The Core Four have to do this more often. :)