Thursday, June 21, 2012

There's a Dalek in my Bedroom!

"Exteeeerminate!"

(I don't expect you to get this... no worries, just move on to another post.)

I have held out for years against air conditioning, saving energy, blah blah blah, lots of good intentions. Well, something had to give as the summers get hotter, and this is perfect for the unbearable nights, of which there are at least a handful each summer. We just had two of those hot, close nights. My ridiculously huge air conditioning dalek makes me feel good and makes me laugh. Perfect bedroom company, I'd say.


4 comments:

will said...

Does it whisper sweet nothings or say, "heh, heh, heh"?

G said...

Oh, neither! One thing you should know about daleks is, they say one of two things: "Seek out the enemy and destroy!" or "Exterminate!" True! They're Doctor Who's nemeses. We used to play daleks in the playground, back in the day, when Jon Pertwee was Doctor Who and all was right in the world. Daleks were absolutely terrifying, even though they looked like rubbish bins on wheels. But I still like *my* dalek. :)

Anonymous said...

The Summers aren't getting hotter, you are getting older.... :-)

G said...

Anonymous: Yes, very true, but I'm liking the heat more, and isn't that part of getting older? What I also feel, in getting older, is that I'm less willing to be uncomfortable. And, I'm not anymore. Heh heh.