Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Triple Chocolate Brownies

Here are the triple chocolate brownies I made this weekend (Nigella Lawson's recipe). I added some ganache in white and brown chocolate drizzled over the top. They are the ultimate in gooeyness. My happy discovery (in Bulk Barn) was Callebaut dark chocolate chips. I've always bought Callebaut in block-form. These chips are the best. Just eating them on their own is pleasure - creamy, dark, smooth. Mmmmmmmmmmm.

The triple chocolate comes from the Callebaut chips which are melted into the basic batter, then the PC Decadent White Chocolate Chips and the PC Decadent Chocolate Chunks. The latter two I also used melted with cream to make the ganache.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look out Nigella! Nigella who? I believe these brownies were from her chocolate episode. I shall have to find that tape and watch it again. Well done

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm.....that is what we call "better than sex brownies" down here......delicious

Anonymous said...

I WOULD MERELY POINT OUT THAT, FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR READERS' HEALTH, NO DIGESTIVE SYSTEM WAS EVER DEVISED FOR THE COSUMPTION OF SUCH A MEAL.

Anonymous said...

Plus, I happen to know that "Anonymous" is my dad.

Anonymous said...

I'm not suggesting that you eat the whole plate of brownies as a meal. Perhaps one or two daintily taken with a cup of coffee or a chamomile tea (for those of us who are not - alas - at liberty to consume caffeine) would be more appropriate.

Anonymous said...

I can attest that these brownies taste even better than they look.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Blog Princess - more like FROG Princess - !!! So, you think you know who I am. BUT MY MASK WILL NEVER SLIP and anyway I still have my cape, heh heh.
Anyway - get out of town Nigella - FALSE KNAVE - give me Jamie Oliver Thingammy any day.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's still my dad.