Sunday, January 20, 2008

I Guess I Could Knit a Tourniquet

Knowing how slow a knitter I am, I figured I'd start planning Christmas presents now. And, in my homey feeling, baked some bread... all to my personal soundtrack today of Evanescence.

"K... I have to use up this purple-sparkly stuff..."

I tried to kill the pain
But only brought more


"Oooh, what about baby alpaca for everyone? Mmmmm, a bit sheddy on its own. Maybe a combo. Ooh, dough has risen nicely."

And I'm pouring crimson regret and betrayal
I'm dying praying bleeding and screaming
Am I too lost to be saved
Am I too lost?


"Maybe I could learn some cabling, but what about the other side - do I make them all double-sided? Mmmm... heathery-toned kind of cabled scarves... with a lovely corn pattern or Celtic symbol. Oven's hot enough."

My God my tourniquet
Return to me salvation


"Bread good, fire bad. Hee hee. What about this waffle stitch, with lots of lovely different coloured ribbons for the fringe, but all complimentary of course... ooooh - this is pretty!"

Will you be on the other side
Or will you forget me
I'm dying praying bleeding and screaming

"Mmmmmmmmm... fresh-baked bread. Why did I give up simple carbs for the New Year? Hey... where are the bamboo needles? TIBBY!"

My wounds cry for the grave
My soul cries for deliverence


"Gosh... so many lovely colours. Sigh... Hey! I could try the new Guinness Marmite out with the bread!"

Will I be denied Christ
Tourniquet
My suicide


"Yum yum."


"Tourniquet" (Moody/Lee/Hodges/Gray)

No comments: