Sunday, January 13, 2008

So Much to Read, so Little Time

I'm in the middle of The Subtle Knife, the second in Philip Pullman's Dark Materials trilogy and it's quite un-put-downable. Also, still reading Suite Française. How to be Idle is an ongoing joy, I do a chapter every now and then. I also have The Professor and the Madman and Years of Rice and Salt to read next. That is not counting the numerous books on my bookshelves I have yet to read. I am seriously going to attempt another purge as the bookshelves are entirely out of control.

Honest guv...

I finally got A Breath of Snow and Ashes in paperback and started flipping through it, appalled once again at everything Jamie, Claire, Brianna and Roger had to endure. As for the potential filming of Outlander (the first book in the series), well... tonight I watched the first episode of Rome (it's finally being shown on History Channel) and I have to agree with Laura's suggestion that Kevin McKidd (Scottish born) play Jamie. He gets my vote.



rrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrr

No comments: