Wednesday, September 24, 2008

14.38%... and counting

The time has come to make some changes. It's not just about losing weight (or what I prefer to call "weight normalization"), but my weight loss will be what I concentrate on, here on the blog.

I've decided to track my progress on my blog as it is official and *out there*!!

I'll be tracking my progress using the percentage of the weight I have to lose, as opposed to talking about pounds, which would be way too embarrassing.

I had already started losing some weight this summer, and that has brought me down to this achievement so far: 14.38% of the weight I need to lose. Pretty good stuff! But this has been slow going and today I kick start the program. I have so much support so I am very lucky in this respect and have, at this moment, oodles of will power.

Tips, insights, and your own discoveries or progress are welcome!

Watch this space...

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, good luck! Looks like you've already got a great start! Lots of walks and tree hugging are sure to help....and posting it is probably a good idea...lots of accountability and encouragement!
I need to take off a few icecream pounds myself! ;)

Anonymous said...

Best of luck to you. 14.38% is pretty precise!

Anonymous said...

Oh, pay no attention to that skinny little Betsy. She has absolutely no ice cream pounds! I, on the other hand, do. I've started some serious walking, since the evenings are finally cooler and new empty nest cooking is helping, too!

Anonymous said...

Having been too heavy for so long, I had given up trying until doctors told me I should. I write down evry thing I eat and weigh myself first thing every day. Overall I am losing weight very slowly.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully reading your progress will motivate me!

Anonymous said...

"Weight normalization" is fine and dandy but Dr. M says that one MUST have a work-life balance. The work will always be there tomorrow but your health may not.

Skipping meals, eating late and at odd hours and snacking will counter any progress you've accomplished.

Buona fortuna on your quest.

Anonymous said...

GO BPG, GO!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!

Anonymous said...

Hearty (one might even go so far as to say "burly") good wishes from here, but absolutely no tips or advice. My doctor has been telling me for a year or so that losing weight is an absolute necessity...yet somehow I gain instead.

Anonymous said...

Very courageous of you to share this progress here. I am sure you do not need to lose any weight though.;) What helped me when I was doing something similar was to just cut all my portions in half.:)

Anonymous said...

Ya know, the way things are going, we all may be losing weight - and have that Great Depression era skinniness look.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant idea to use percentages! Long dog walks are the ticket for me! That and raw carrots for snacking.

Anonymous said...

Everyone: Your comments are
of great encouragement.

Ed: I know what it is like. Grr... Food, she ees so eeresistible!

Mark and Protege: Good to know that you did something about it and that it worked!

Anonymous said...

I actually am starting on a similar plan that will commence Monday. Why Monday? I have some family dinners on the weekend - oh yeah and dessert too! :) I had lost several % earlier in '08 but have gained a few back. Feeling somewhat blah and since the blades are being laced up twice a week, I figure my Leafs could use some help. Hmmm do they have my ph#?

Anonymous said...

Good on you, Dr. M! And good luck with your %.