Monday, September 1, 2008

Hitting the Trail

Heading off on our long walk today, my mother referred to the Martin Goodman Trail as the Benny Goodman Trail. It works either way. She's a great trail companion!

What we saw:

Pretty flowers...















Big trees with great bark! (Lots of hugging today.)



I think we were on what must have been farmland at one point. We saw pears...







... and rosehips...



More trees and an almost painfully-blue sky:



... and of course, the CN Tower. Hard NOT to see the world's tallest free-standing structure (till 2007), no matter where you are in Toronto:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are all so lovely. I hope you caught a lake breeze on this unusually warm day...

Anonymous said...

Pretty flowers. Looks like a nice way to have spent September Fool's Day! :)

Anonymous said...

Great shots.. lovely and colourful. I had no idea that those were rosehips. I could identify the C.N. Tower though. ;)

Anonymous said...

I so enjoy these walks of yours...thanks for taking us all along! ...and you, too, Mom! :)

Anonymous said...

Benny Goodman Trail is too, too cute! Lovely pix, Ace Girl! :D

Anonymous said...

Lavinia: I did indeed, although I was surprised that I got sunburned!

Dave: Well, I'm a fool for flowers!

Hilary: I'm assuming those are rosehips, I'm not very good at IDing plants. But... getting better!

Betsy: I wish you were along for real!

Willow: Thanks... I do love taking them!

And now, I shall give my exclamation points a break! Hee hee... NOT!!!

Anonymous said...

Another nice travelogue.

Without leaving my chair!
Keep them coming. (I'm cheap, I know. :P )

Anonymous said...

Phil: Arm chair travelling has its benefits... I know, I'm heading off this week on a trip and I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off!