Thursday, December 6, 2007

The Eagle has Landed

Tibbles has endured what most cats hate: a move. He was given a little sedating pill in his breakfast on Wednesday morning in Stratford. That was successful in keeping him calm during the two-hour car journey. That soon wore off when he arrived in Toronto and he spent the rest of the day sniffing around, disovering my place. He and my parents are temporary guests of mine while they wait to move into their new place (April or so is the current estimate).

After a busy night miaowing in annoyance at being kept out of my bedroom, he is gradually making his way around all the chairs, deciding which is best for his wide frame.

I think he's looking pretty relaxed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When my (now ex-) wife and I moved from the midwest to the east coast, we doped up our cat Scotchie to make the trip easier for all of us.

By the morning of the second day of the trip, we took one look at her milky, faraway eyes and decided it would be easier to deal with an angry, yowling ball of yellow fur than the pathetic space case she'd become.

Fortunately, when we arrived at the new place, it took Scotchie about two minutes to explore her new home before staking out her rightful place--at the center of the universe, where all cats live.

Anonymous said...

Lol, you speak wisely regarding the position of the cat in the universe. Is Scotchie still with you?

Updated: Tibby miaowed only once in the night. Lovely to wake up to, as I amble out of my bedroom, to feel his lovely warm fluffiness quickly wrap around my ankles. He's going to keep them warm this winter.

Anonymous said...

Sadly, Scotchie is no longer with us...She passed away shortly after my wife and I split up. But she's very fondly remembered by both of us, which is as much as cat or human could ask for.