Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I Will Survive



How is it possible to be more busy than I was?

But I am.

Tonight, after laundry, website updating (volunteer work related), shopping, cooking and washing up, I poured myself a pomtini, BPG style: pomegranate juice, vodka, and a squeeze of lime. I first played around with it on New Year's Eve, where I also added some Prosecco for the sparkly fun of it. Tonight I wanted it pink and strong, girly and potent.

And to accompany it, Ms Gloria Gaynor and Ms Thelma Houston. I love the voices of these women. Checking out the old footage on Youtube, their getups and dancing seem eerily restrained compared to the current stuff. But just turn off Youtube and listen to them. Beyond the inherent goofiness of disco, there's something primal and timeless and celebratory of the pain, joy and strength of being a woman.

*Raising the pomtini...*

Thank you, ladies, for your classiness, your voices, and being there when we need you.

2 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

Yum! The color is amazing, too!

G said...

Betsy, if it's pink, it's okay in my book. :)