Friday, February 4, 2011

Vinyl Out



I had a bit of a purge over the Christmas holidays and spent a happy afternoon collecting up the vinyl, which has now found a good home with a sound engineer friend. Going through the old stuff brought back some potent 80s memories, and - among many other loves - great rock guitar. This Gary Moore/Phil Lynott video is unsophisticated, but brace yourself for the great moment from 2:33 to 2:59. Bruce the Bat was there to be supportive. Thanks Bruce!



//UPDATE: Just heard today (Feb. 7, 2011) that Gary Moore died. Awful.//

3 comments:

phil said...


I just can't part with my vinyl. The liner notes are just the right size.

It looks like bug-eyed Bruce agrees.

8^)

G said...

Phil: I know what you mean about liner notes... and remember the great LP cover art... Bruce agrees with that too.

R.A.D. Stainforth said...

I could never give up my vinyl. When I heard the sad news of Mr. Moore's demise, out came Thin Lizzy's Black Rose album.

A great blues guitarist, I saw him play in 1979. I'm quite old, you know.

A lot of my vinyl is simply irreplaceable, much of it classical music, but also a lot of other stuff like The Temperance Seven, The Jam, The Clash, Eric Dolphy and John Coltrane.