Sunday, February 20, 2011

Return to Cherry Beach

It's been an age since I was at Cherry Beach, as the ice and cold have kept me from venturing down there. Today the sun was out, and, although the mild spell was ending, it was only a few degrees below freezing with the wind chill factor, so out we went.

The canal was frozen.




Hang in there, little buds... a few weeks to go yet.




I don't know how much longer this tree will survive. I mean, really, with all those exposed roots? Any experts out there who can venture an opinion?




At first the wave shapes looked as though the water was moving.




But no, it's all frozen. Some idiots were out there on it. Okay, I was just jealous because I didn't have the guts to try it myself. Hee hee!

2 comments:

R.A.D. Stainforth said...

Rather more inspiring than looking at the Manchester Ship Canal from a bridge face down at 2 a.m. Don't ask ...

G said...

But your typing fingers still work. Excellent.