Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Tree Ornament of the Day #18



A velvety, gold-topped jester's boot is today's tree ornament, purchased from one of the very fine Stratford Shakespeare Festival's shops during intermission several years ago. There are so many good memories of attending theatre in Stratford, and next season's line up is looking good. I have to get myself organized with tickets sooner this year.

In the meantime, how did it get to be the day before Christmas Eve? It's ridiculous how quickly it comes around, and it certainly gets here faster each year. I'm almost of the mind to want to celebrate it every other year. But maybe it's me who needs to slow down and look from side to side instead of steadily onward. Life is short... but wide. I drink to that tonight with a nip of Cardhu and a dark Lindor ball, or three.

3 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

Have a wonderful, merry Christmas, G ~ I'm glad you're my friend! :)

Zuzana said...

You have the most incredible ornaments, thank you for sharing them and their stories with us. I am hoping you will have a wonderful Christmas - and in the New Year I am wishing you all the very best, take care my dear fried and until next year.;)
xo
Zuzana

G said...

Thank you Betsy and Protege: I'm very happy you're my friends too... feeling most blessed. :)