Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tree Ornament of the Day #2



This-blown glass grandfather clock has a matching small glass mouse that hangs beside it. This is one of my bigger ornaments, about seven inches long. I have a fondness for grandfather clocks. In my grandparents' home there was one in the front hallway. I can still here its sonorous tick-tocking and the chime it made on the hour, and the whirring just before the chime. It was a comforting sound to hear if I woke in the middle of the night.

2 comments:

Zuzana said...

I agree with you, there is something infinitely calming about these big clocks, I have always thought. What an interesting ornament as well, with such details depicted clearly on it.;)
Congratulations on the Post Of The Week (POTW) mention at Hilary's for your Canada post.;) Well deserved my friend.;)
xo
Zuzana

G said...

Thank you so much! That was very kind of Hilary.