Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easterish-ish

As I prepped for Easter dinner (salmon en croute), I pled for something more Easterish than Inglourious Basterds (2009) (which I want to watch, but just wasn't in the mood for). Easterish isn't what we got, but no matter. A viewing of Silence of the Lambs (1991) reminded me what a great beyond-genre movie that is, and what a magnificent character journey Jodie Foster takes us on. Good thing we were having salmon.

Afterwards the cast of Family Guy was featured on Inside the Actor's Studio, with secret boyfriend Seth Macfarlane! That and chocolate: I was happy.







9 comments:

Audubon Ron said...

Just a word of prep. Salmon w/lemon, shitake mushrooms, leeks are good, capers, white wine and fresh basil leaves w/just a tad bit of chicken stock. Let steam in a large non-stick pan for 20 minutes.

I can tell, you'd love my cooking. Isn't food beautiful in color and presentment?

Edward Hegstrom said...

Unfortunately, I can't really enjoy Silence Of The Lambs anymore, because painful memories of Anthony Hopkins' increasingly hammy performances in all those awful sequels and prequels keep intruding.

Betsy Brock said...

Mmm...I love salmon! Just bought some today. I've never made it like this before, though! It's beautiful!

Tess Kincaid said...

I actually had an "Inglorious Basterds" Easter. I was out numbered by the guys this year and that was their after dinner movie of choice.

G said...

Ron: I'm drooling at the thought! Thank you. :)

Edward: I didn't see them, thank goodness!

Betsy: Salmon is my favourite. Plus it's pink!

Willow: I'm watching it tonight!

glamah16 said...

Seth is mine! LOL. CS turned me onto Family Guy and I'm addicted. Salmon en croute is my all time favorite.

G said...

Glamah: You have excellent taste in all things!

The Clever Pup said...

Did you make this for Easter. I made the exact same thing. Did you get the idea from Laura Calder's book or did you think it up yourself?

G said...

Clever Pup: Oh it's Laura Calder alright. I originally posted it here: http://blogprincessg.blogspot.com/2008/05/food-good-hunger-bad.html

I love that you made the same thing! Isn't it tasty?