Friday, April 30, 2010

Fat Evenings

Fat mornings are fine indeed... but I also love, on rare and precious occasions, a fat evening. Remember when you were little and sent to bed at a time when older children were still allowed to play outside? I remember it being daylight and being sent to bed! Laying there listening to the squeals of the bigger boys and girls playing seemed quite cruel.

Now it's a rare treat to retire to bed early in the evening, noticing the lowering light change the glow in my bedroom. I hear the joys and tragedies played out on the basketball court outside my downtown building. I hear sirens and laughter and the distant hum of traffic. If alone, I indulge in a neglected book. And perhaps my latest joy: Green and Black's organic cherry-studded dark chocolate. I recommend.









5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the top photo...so peaceful and it gives a sense of relaxation.
Have a good weekend : )

The Clever Pup said...

Don't forget to brush.

Betsy Brock said...

Chocolate in bed on an early evening...oh my! Very indulgent!

Zuzana said...

Oh, I'd love me a fat evening.;) And that image of the chocolate is to die for.;)
Love your new profile picture, it is very ethereal...
xoxo

G said...

Brushing and flossing sometimes gets forgotten. :(