Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Whimsical Things ~ Stratford 2008

~ a handsome young man lurched by me on a unicycle. He wore a t-shirt that read "Not even Newton can save us."

~ wandering the Shakespearean gardens on morning, I could hear the bell ringers at St. James' Anglican Church practicing. It took me a minute to realize that the melody they were playing was "I'm in the mood for love."

~ listening to a breeze rustling leaves is one of my great joys. I spent many hours listening to the wind in the willows as I lay under them last week.

~ sitting at lunch in the York Street Kitchen, I overheard four lovely white-haired ladies discussing the new Sex and the City movie. One of them said "I liked the writing on that show, but the way they go on about it, you'd think they'd invented sex. They should have consulted us!" (Loud laughter ensued).

~ an armada of 12 swans sailed by me into the low afternoon light.

~ watching Psycho one night was more terrifying than ever... and gave my subsequent shower an extra piquancy.

~ the performances I saw of Cabaret, The Taming of the Shrew and Hamlet were all strong... with unforgettable moments in Hamlet that still haunt me. Thanks Will. (More detailed reviews will follow).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I would have loved to hear those older ladies talking about Sex and the City.You seem revivied,observant, etc like only a good vacation can do for you.

Anonymous said...

BPG,
You had just a way too good of a time, young lady!....happy for you! And Psycho? OMG... I was so scared when I saw that for the first time. I was probably in jr. high.. I had to stay in my big sister's room all night trying to sleep... which I finally did around 6am.. duh! But to help past the time away I was looking at her LP record covers and one had a picture of a lady that favored Janet Leigh... boy did that ever freak me out! haa haa....
Good to have you back and I know others feel the same!
The Bach

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed hearing all your fun little tidbits!

And hey, I was watching Psycho right along with you the other night. I haven't closed my eyes in the shower since.

Anonymous said...

And I forgot to say how envious I am of all the Shakespeare!!! Hamlet is my all time favorite.

Anonymous said...

I want that Newton t-shirt.
:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks all... I do feel replenished, or - rather - I did. Phil, if I ever see that tshirt for sale... it's yours. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks all... I do feel replenished, or - rather - I did. Phil, if I ever see that tshirt for sale... it's yours. :)