Saturday, November 3, 2007

Saturday Soundtrack

The cleaning, the cooking, etc. is of no consequence. Not with this music in the background: Krystian Zimerman playing the Chopin piano concertos 1 and 2 AND the Debussy preludes. I was the lucky recipient of a courier package of two CDs from a friend. Gosh... DOUBLE GOSH. I'm in heaven!!

That reminds me of the only time I saw Zimerman in concert. I leaned over to my companion during the applause after the ecstatic experience of the Rachmaninov piano concerto no. 2 and whispered... "Wish I smoked," and he said "Why?" and I said, "Because I need a cigarette," and he replied "I'll join you."

If you're reading this Signor Professore W, as a son of Poland, a musician and an appreciater of the finer things, you'll understand I'm sure. :)

No comments: