Sunday, November 18, 2007

The Road Less Traveled

For the last few years I have put together a family Christmas newsletter. It's an interesting experience, going back over the previous year. It's not one of those annoying lists of magnificent accomplishments... primarily because there are no magnificent accomplishments. Which reminds me of a great quote from a friend whose mantra in life was "Dare to be average." She took a different path from many... but wow, what a gorgeous, fulfilled woman she is.

Anyway, I'm collecting some photographs for this newsletter and I came across this from a trail walk in the summer. It was so hot, we had pause under every tree we came to. What a lovely day it was.

I usually don't make New Year's resolutions, but I am this year. And it's "Find a new trail."


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmmm this looks eerily like a trail where I ride! I shall take a picture this spring and we can compare the two. arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Anonymous said...

You mean to tell me that this trail is dangerously travelled by actual pirates?

...................... THUD