Monday, November 5, 2007

Safe in Bed

So I was coming home, dark out (first work night of Daylight Savings), pouring rain, and I get hit - NOT SERIOUSLY - by a car! Sore, shaken up, cheesed off, I came home, I got ready to take to my bed, and - checking emails and YouTube, I saw this baby laughing and laughing as he rips paper. He's 100 proof, Grade A enchantment.

I'm going to bed and ripping some paper. Then I'm going to read The Golden Compass.

Nigella Lawson said "The answer to almost any question invariably is trifle." I'm sort of with her there, especially as she was referring to her chocolate cherry trifle which - even with my not-very-sweet tooth - is my favourite food in the world.

But here is my variation: The answer to almost any of life's questions, invariably, is "bed".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor lassie! I do hope you are okay and sipping some Guinness to nurse your wounds.