Friday, November 16, 2007

Bathtime

I realized with delight that it is well past cold enough to start taking baths instead of showers. I love bathtime - immersing myself in juniper-scented bubbles with a glass of wine and a book of short stories by F. Scott Fitzgerald, each story being just long enough for one bath. In the right mood, I fall asleep there, just waking occasionally to add some hot water using my toes on the taps.

My other option is to turn on the red heat lamp in the ceiling, play my water-sounds CD, and imagine I am in a red grotto. It can really feel that way. The CD is wonderful... ocean waves, river sounds, a thunderstorm... There is almost no better way to send me to bed and into the most heavy-limbed, delicious sleep. I could certainly never have one on a weekday morning as I'd never get anywhere... which in itself is a lovely idea.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Juniper scented bubble bath? I've never come across that. Arent junipers more commonly known to flavour gin?

Anonymous said...

AND... you're right - juniper in gin. Which would make a gin and tonic a good drink to have in the bath next time. Thank you for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

It's made by Ombra, about $10 a bottle. It's quite heavenly. There's also a lavender one which I keep on hand too. Oh! Which reminds me: Suza gave me a bottle of chocolate scented bath/shower gel a while back (Perlier) and it's heavenly. I smell like chocolate when I emerge from my shower each day. It doesn't last too long, but while it does. Yum yum. I think I shall have to compose a post about these lovely items.

Anonymous said...

A friend of mind went to a spa and had a chocolate scented hot-oil scalp treatment. The scent, combined with the good head massage, was heavenly. She was delighted.