Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Big Cake Project 2008 - Part One

Some of you may have been following last year when Laura and I made our "Viking Ship" cake inspired by Edward Burne-Jones' stained glass design.

Well, it's that time again, and the Big Cake Project 2008 is on.

Watch this space for more details.

In the meantime, here are the last three cakes we made for the same annual event. The first two, "Trellis" and "Fruit" are based on William Morris patterns, and the third is "Viking Ship." The top image shows the original inspiration, the second image down is the finished cake as we interpreted the design, and the third image shows a detail of the finished cake. Click on the image to enlarge.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those cakes are absolutely amazing!!! Wow!! I'll be anxiously looking forward to seeing your '08 creation.

Anonymous said...

Those are amazing! Just beautiful! I've done a little cake decorating, (nothing like that, though!) so I appreciate the effort, time, and muscle spasms that get in your hands and back when decorating! I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Anonymous said...

I've seen your cookies Betsy, and if you can do those lovely moons, you could do these cakes. There are two of us who work on them and they are just lots of time and pondering. And yes... I know about sore hands! But it's so much fun isn't it?