Monday, March 24, 2008

Quote of the Day

Dorothy: "I've been wondering, what's your line, Mr. Malone?"

Ernie: "My line? My most effective one is to tell a girl she has hair like a tortured midnight, lips like a red couch in an ivory palace, that I'm lonely and starved for affection. Then, I generally burst into tears. It seldom works."

Dorothy (laughing): "You idiot."


Jane Russell as Dorothy Shaw and Elliott Reid as Ernie Malone in Gentlemen Prefer Blonds (1953).

SPOILER: He gets the girl. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lady Beekman: You'll find I mean business!

Dorothy Shaw: Oh, really? Then why are you wearing that hat?

Anonymous said...

I love that quote! I was looking at it on www.imdb.com and nearly used it. That film has such great quotes. And imdb is such a wonderful place to find them if you can't conjure them to mind immediately.