Friday, March 28, 2008

Quote of the Day

"Careful what you ask for. I might become Eve Harrington to your Margot Channing."

Me last night, on the suggestion by a colleague that I take over a speaking engagement for him.

Which reminds me of a time a few years ago at work when I started finding pistachio nut shells under my desk. Now mind you, this is in an office where someone would have to come right in, and around my desk (which faced the door), so there's effort involved in that AND in missing the rubbish bin under the desk and having the shells end up on the floor. This happened sporadically and in a series of (to my mind) amusing e-mails to the entire company I suggested several options, the last of which was that "someone is Gaslighting me, i.e. being Charles Boyer to my Ingrid Bergman, but with different accents and a slight lack of black-and-white glamour."

I love movies, if for no other reason than they are so great for quoting purposes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were laughing the other night about how simple it would be to completely and utterly "gaslight" someone until they went completely crackers! (evil smile)

Yes, I think you should do an "Eve Harrington" and completely take over your company. And I want one of those choclate on your desk.

Anonymous said...

“It’s 106 miles to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a packet of cigarettes, it’s dark and we’re wearing sunglasses.”

Anonymous said...

My chocolates are your chocolates Willow (easy to say at long distance - hee hee!)

R.A.D.: Hit it.

Anonymous said...

Do you see the light?

Anonymous said...

What light?