Monday, March 17, 2008

Curiouser and Curiouser

So... my cold has left me with no sense of smell. It is an odd state of affairs. Then, last night after my shower, I emerged from the steamy bathroom and detected the scent of the chili I had been cooking earlier. I celebrated by taking a finger of Cardhu to bed with me. (Still have a little bit to go in the bottle. I'm eking it out most admirably.) It felt wonderful to be warm in bed, with that extra warmth from the scotch spreading through my body. I could smell/taste at about 50% of regular capacity.

Then... this morning - it had gone again! Very odd. I don't want to go on about it, but it really has been the oddest cold of my experience.

I worked till 9pm, so I didn't watch Rome and I didn't cook the chicken. I will catch the episode on the weekend and the chicken will wait till tomorrow night. Another day to bring my nostrils back to quivering power.

No comments: