Sunday, February 3, 2008

It's Not Easy Being Him

It's not easy being Tibbles. Today, I was vacuuming, and he hates that. He gives me this look as though to say, "Why? Why do you bother? I shall continue successfully shedding and I - for one - am alright with that."

He can barely drag himself away from the wicker Chair That Now Belongs to Tibbles 24/7 to avoid the noise, or - failing that - he hides his face under his paw so as not to have to deal with the dreadful sight of cleaning in process.

To make matters worse, I trimmed his nails. No matter how many kisses and cuddles I applied to him between each nail... he still felt quite martyred by the process, only to be mollified by his special tuna treats afterwards.

The poor darling boy. I'm back at work tomorrow after having worked yesterday and cleaned today, but with the comforting knowledge that Tibbles' routine of sleeping for 23 hours and playing for 1 hour will continue undisturbed without any stress or bother. I'd hate to think of him worrying. By the way, I try to keep the sarcasm out of my voice when talking to him. They can tell, I'm sure. Note to self: come back in next life as well-loved cat in comfortable home.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

With my cats, it's more like twenty-one hours of sleep, five minutes of play, fifteen or thirty minutes of displaying actual affection, depending on the cat. The rest of the time is spent unnerving me with accusatory stares.

Anonymous said...

caption:

"Oy! Not Purina Tuna Fish Chow Again!"

:)

Anonymous said...

Ed, you put it so well. The accusatory stares. And of course I actually spend time trying to determine the wrong I have done him.

As for his diet - he is on Performatrin Weight Control brand - a 1/2 can of wet food in the morning, followed by some dry food in a separate bowl to tide him over. He's about 20 pounds. Should be about 18.

Anonymous said...

... oh, and he loves to nibble my toes as a kind of late-night snack.

Question: is it gross or adorable when you are fresh from the shower and the world's most sheddiest cat decides to rub himself against your calf.

Anonymous said...

Both, of course.