Thursday, February 7, 2008

Don't tell him it's for Dogs

Well, it seemed to me of late that ole Tibby might be getting bored and understimulated. So I went out today to a pet shop and got him a dog toy I had heard about on a tv program.

This gizmo is basically a rubber ball. In one end you feed small treats and once inside they sort of fall around in a maze of rubber before falling out the other end. This only happens if the ball is rolled around. I got the small version for small dogs. I put some treats in and showed it to Tibby. I rolled it around the floor and let him smell his treats. Finally one dropped out. That got him quite excited. But then he just sort of sat there and looked at it. I gave him quite the training program, but to no avail.

I figured there were about 10 treats in this thing. We'd got rid of one. I went into the kitchen and started cooking. Half an hour later I came out and the ball was empty! Tibby was gently patting it around the dining-room floor like a pro!

I'm so pleased. I think having to work just a bit for his treats will do him good.

It's also a good thing his stay is temporary. I might start collecting cat figurines... NOT.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kudos to Tibby! I can imagine a Far Side cartoon here.