Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Just Now...

Tibby and I sat together this evening when I had come in from a long day, and Laila Biali was singing "The Nearness of You", on CBC Radio Two. I think he knew I was feeling a bit out of sorts. He chewed on my top button and shed all over me and I stroked him under the chin and tried to avoid thinking about my itchy eyes and skin (I am still experiencing allergic symptoms from contact with him, but hoping that with enough exposure they might fade).

Anyway, we made a pact that - dependent on his mood of course - we would try and do this as often as possible. It was deeply relaxing and very soothing, in only the way a warm, fluffy, 20-pound cat sitting on your chest can be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Rotter

Anonymous said...

Not our Tibby!