Thursday, May 8, 2008

It's HERE!!!

Summer is here, no matter that it's a cool night.

Not five minutes ago the tinkling bell of the ice-cream truck came calling to me from down the road. As a kid, I always had to have the soft whipped ice cream dipped in that miraculous chocolate-like coating AND ideally with a flaky bar stuck in the side. Mmmmmmmmm... Later I fell for those rocket ices (what was the name?), with the red/blue/white stripes. Later still, I'd have an ice cream sandwich, the large chocolate cookies sandwiching the firm vanilla ice cream.

I'm not going to partake, having a Lindor ball instead. BUT... I love that delightful, tinny melody.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah go ahead.Give in.

Anonymous said...

You know, we live fairly far back from the main road, and I can still hear an ice cream truck, with it's tinkling music come by during the summer. Haven't heard it yet, though.

We used to love to get the ice cream bars on the stick, like you did. They tasted so special coming from the fun, magical ice cream truck! Nice memories.

Anonymous said...

I actually once applied to drive an ice cream truck. Unfortunately, my first (and only) day of training was the hottest day of the year, and I couldn't resist all the cool, delicious treats in the back. I ate more than I sold, and that was the end of that!