Sunday, April 6, 2008

Macro Moment of Happiness

"Happiness does not lie in happiness, but in the achievement of it."

(Fyodor Dostoevsky)


This small happiness has been achieved: I've been sitting at my desk figuring out the macro feature on my camera. Embarassingly easy now I know I have it. I haven't actually perfected it yet, but here is the first attempt: My Dostoevsky finger puppet peering out through the prison bars of my Austin Powers pencils. The upside down pewter frog is the non-business end of a letter opener.



And here is Dostoevsky released, free to roam the Steppe of my study, all the while firmly planted on my finger.

(I can safely say that the former sentence is one I have never composed before, either in my head or in writing.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Blog....Liked the simplicity .

Anonymous said...

Liked your blog .

Anonymous said...

I have to like a woman who has a Dostoevsky finger puppet!

Anonymous said...

Fyodor is adorable. :)

Blogging has forced me to learn how to properly use my camera, too. WT was amazed at what a little motivation did for my camera skills!

Your macro looks great.

Anonymous said...

Little Fyodor is my pet. No pooping/scooping, no litter, no strange cans of smelly food. Just a sad, brilliant finger puppet chiding me gently in a thick Russian accent.