Tuesday, April 29, 2008

D'oh!

That saucepot, Ms Betsy, she of the lovely new picture, has tagged me to list seven random or weird things about myself. My problem, I think, will be limiting it to seven.

Here goes, some random, some weird:

1. I am extremely slow to anger, but injustice and inequality make me wild.

2. When I wake up in the morning, I lay very still at first, but energetically wiggle my toes. It feels great. But it can be a surprise to someone who doesn't know about my little routine and thinks I'm still asleep but having a toe "situation". Hee hee.

3. Peacocks have eaten out of my hand.

4. My left elbow is very rough unless I constantly slather it with lotion.

5. When I'm doing house-cleaning I often interview myself about my best-selling novel (yet to be written).

6. As a child, when my parents told me we were moving to Canada I had a couple of sleep-walking incidents. On one occasion I walked into my parents bedroom (I was fully asleep), pointed at them and "Those two will do. I'll take them." In my 20s, when I set to leave England again for Canada (long story) I had a dream that I was removing all the pictures from my walls and making a pattern on the floor with them. I woke up... and I had done just that. I haven't done it since then. Phew. But it kept me wearing nighties at night for quite a while, just in case.

7. I don't wear a nightie any more.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me a saucepot? No way! In fact, I think I owed you a meme!
Interesting toes, you have! And the sleepwalking! :) Thanks for playing!

Anonymous said...

I'm cracking up about the sleepwalking incident.!I do believe we 'Choose' our parents for better or worse . But thats another subject all together.;-)

Anonymous said...

WOW you had peacocks eating out of your hand! I have fed squirrels from my paw before, but you have to be careful they don't nibble you!

:@D

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment - just want you to know, after really bothering Google for the past two days, I think they've fixed me up and posted my purchased storage to Picasa - I'm in business again, yippee!! dh was hoping I'd be shut out forever so I would stop blogging.........no way!!

Loved learning more about you - I was a child sleepwalker too - we lived above a pub after the war and I once walked downstairs into the public bar! I was only 3.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have some "nice" weird/quirks... seriously, they're cute.... I've set up a yahoo email account now. Bill Stankus encouraged me so he could send me some sites to order art supplies from. He's going to be my mentor... should be a fun summer discovery
bacheloratwellington@yahoo.com