Monday, April 21, 2008

Cupcake Seeks Lemony Goodness



There might be less baking now that the warm weather is here. Well, the occasional fruit pie of course. Ah... who am I kidding? Unless it's uncomfortably hot, the baking will continue. Here is a little lemon-yoghurt cakelet from French Food at Home, whose host, Laura Calder, provided this recipe to be made for children. She finished it by spearing the top gently with little holes (using a fork) and pouring a lemon syrup over it. I just wanted to eat it like a cupcake, but without the syrup it was a little too bland. I'll be trying these again with more lemon, as the texture is lovely.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect photo! Lemon is my favorite. (second to chocolate, of course) I can taste the lemon right through the picture...ummm.

Anonymous said...

Blog Princess g,
I'm ready to devour the cupcake immediately, commonly known as woofing. mummy lemon. I actually took some pictures of the angel food cake I lemon iced this past weekend. I'll post them soon. You've made me hungry... I'm getting a piece of cake NOW! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello beautiful!

Anonymous said...

came over from Bob the bear's blog.... love lemon. check out my Tea and Scones blog some time... for a few lemony goodness recipes. I prefer muffins to cupcakes myself...and loaves too..and ..well,... silly me. Anything lemony is great! My mouth waters just thinking 'bout it...