Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Sophie and Reggie

A couple of years ago my friend C adopted Sophie from Canadian Chihuahua Rescue and Transport (CCRT). She was an older girl (14) and had heart trouble, but she found a wonderful and loving home and was a great character to all who knew her.

Here she is, the perfect ambassador at the CCRT tent at Woofstock, an all-dog street festival that closes down a portion of downtown Toronto each year for a full day.



Just a few weeks ago, Sophie passed away. C didn’t think she’d want another pet, having lost her beloved cat Nellie last Christmas day, and being quite devastated by the loss of two such sweet friends in just three months.

But… that was not meant to be and last week C adopted Reggie, a seven-year old boy who was in need of a loving home. He’s certainly got one! Isn’t he lovely? Those ears!!! He has a lovely nature and is all settled into his new home.

The people who run and volunteer for animal rescue organizations are wonderful. And I know, when I next get a pet, it will again be through one of them.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful organization and sweet pix. Enjoyed this post, BP.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting this morning. You are always welcome. I am gaining a goodly number of new friends from Canada. Just thought I would return the visit. You ladies keep me in touch with my feminine side, and my wife appreciates that. :o)

Anonymous said...

Aaaawww...what a sweetie! It's so sad when you loose a pet! I never could have imagined it until experiencing myself. This sweet guy is sure to bring a smile to her face!

Anonymous said...

Will they send one to Australia for my kids?

Anonymous said...

Willow and Betsy ~ he really is a sweet boy and he couldn't have found a better home! So moving when older animals are adopted.

Texican ~ nice to see you here. I'll be back to visit you.

David ~ I bet you've got a local Chihuahua rescue!

Anonymous said...

Look at those ears on Reg!

That boy knows how to pose.

:)

~p

Anonymous said...

What a darling! This is the only way we'll get pets. Thank you so much for posting this!

Our first rescue was a retired Greyhound named Sasha. She was a beautiful grey( they call them blue)and such a sweet-natured dog. All she wanted was to be loved and we were happy to oblige. Our present K-9, Lizzie, is a great old Sheltie( from Sheltie Rescue). We couldn't have asked for a better dog and I hate that she's getting on in years.

Super Post!

Anonymous said...

Phil ~ I love how they go up and down so quickly, very full of expression.

Rebecca ~ how wonderful that you have given your furry friends a good home. I shall peruse your blog for pics...