Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Grilled Moroccan Chicken

Mmmmmmmm... grilling season is upon us, even though our spring has cooled off quite dramatically. What am I talking about saying "practically"? Canadians are a hardy bunch who often barbeque all year round, defying the cold and snow.

Last summer my colleagues and I hosted a Moroccan barbeque in this lovely spot. The following recipe was on the menu and it was very tasty.


Grilled Moroccan Chicken

Ingredients:
1 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons ground cumin
1 1/2 tablespoons ground coriander
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 large chicken breast halves with skin and ribs, cut crosswise in half
4 chicken legs
4 chicken thighs
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley

Preparation:
Whisk first 8 ingredients in large glass baking dish. Add all chicken; turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap; chill 4 to 6 hours. Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Place marinade-coated chicken on barbecue. Grill chicken until just cooked through, occasionally brushing with any remaining marinade, about 10 minutes per side for breasts and about 12 minutes per side for leg and thigh pieces. Transfer chicken to platter. Sprinkle with parsley.

(This recipe was originally sourced from Epicurious.com)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds delicious! I love cumin and coriander!

Anonymous said...

Do forgive me while I forget my impeccable manners and drool ....

And, like your teddies, I have always been a big fan of Bob's Diary.

Anonymous said...

Excuse me BPG ... but where are the brats? I lived in Wisconsin long enough to know - you don't just grill chicken, even if it just flew in from Morocco ... you need da brats too!

But since your fine sounding recipe is dairy-free I think I'll find someone who likes to cook, I mean grill!

Anonymous said...

That sounds wonderful. And what a beautiful setting. I need to start firing up the grill.

Anonymous said...

Yum, I'll make this one, too. We've enjoyed your Tai Satay many times, BTW. Thanks, G!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun, food, and friends...I personally am not a griller. My folks did not grill and I just never have taken the time to learn. However, my son-in-law is really a great grill man...He knows how to keep the moisture in. A beautiful place to have a party :-)

Anonymous said...

I had the distinct pleasure of tasting this recipe at the BBQ and it was absolutely delicious. I had a few... okay, several pieces, and it was heaven. But I have never been disappointed in anything that Blog Princess G concocts. She is a wonderful chef and puts a great deal of love and effort into what she serves. Also, there is something about eating outside that makes everything taste better.

Anonymous said...

Please invite me next time you grill out. I'd love to try this but my grill has developed a hole in the bottom. I'm afraid I'll catch the deck on fire. *grin*

Anonymous said...

Bill... Brats? Well, I never knew that particular marinade worked on children. ;)

Thank you Suza... there is nothing more pleasing than to cook for an excellent guest and an even better friend. I am planning another dinner as I type. ;)